I was pressed for time today so I did a workout that focused on the legs. I needed to work them hard, but still feel like it was a cardiovascular workout. This workout is a stopwatch based workout. You will do a set amount of repetitions. If you are advanced do 20 repetitions. If you are just starting out, skip the weight and lower the repetitions. You want good form. Don’t sacrifice your form just to get the total repetitions completed. I used my 30 lb sandbag and a 12 lb dumbbell. Below is the workout breakdown. You can write it down and do it later, or follow along with me on my video.
Set your timer for Stop watch. I performed 3 rounds.
1) Surfer Jump 20x
2) Squat w/Alternating Overhead Twist 20x
3) Overhead Walking Lunges 20x
4) Reverse Lunge Right to Right Knee Lift 20x
5) Runner’s Stomp Right 20x
6) Reverse Lunge Left to Left Knee Lift 20x
7) Runner’s Stomp Left 20x
8) Sandbag Clean to 2x Reverse Pulse Lunge R. 10x
9) Sandbag Clean to 2x Reverse Pulse Lunge L. 10x
10) Mountain Climbers 20x
11) Alternating Front Lunge with Twist 20x