My husband and I got to get away for the evening to celebrate our Anniversary. It was nice to spend the night alone together. We had a great dinner and then sat on the beach and watched the sunset. A beautiful ending to a wonderful day. We strolled along a nice cement sidewalk in front of our hotel and I immediately was thinking I would do my H.I.I.T. workout in the morning with a spectacular view of the ocean. What I didn’t realize is that I would be the entertainment for all the older people who had beach views from their hotel balcony. So there I was at 6:30 in the morning doing my workout with people sipping their coffee and enjoying the show. I traveled light with my jump rope and timer, so I did a total body weight workout on the cement walk way by the beach.
This workout is a little long. You can actually make this into two workouts. I had free time because I wasn’t at home and didn’t have to wait on anyone for breakfast. So I just went until I was tired and out of water.
Set your timer for stopwatch. I did two rounds before moving into the jump rope circuit.
It took me 21:47
2) Runner Stomp Right 10x
3) Elevated Push-up 20x
4) Strict Mountain Climbers 20x
5) Runners Stomp Right 10x
6) Burpee 20x
7) V-Hop Right / Plank Jack / V-Hop Left / Plank Jack 20x
(I don’t have a video for this. Hop your feet in to the right then back to plank position and do a plank jack (1 rep). Then hop feet in to left and back to a plank position for a plank jack (1 rep).
8) Curtsy Lunge 20x
9) Elevated Push-up 10x
10) Runners Stomp Right 10x
11) Jump Lunges 20x
12) Ab Assault Right 10x
13) Ab Assault Left 10x
14) Squat w/Alternating Side Lift 20x
15) Side Jump Lunges 20x
(I used the cement wall that separated the side walk from the beach for the elevated Push-ups and ab assault moves)
I then moved into a Jump Rope Circuit. I now had an audience and figured it wasn’t too early that I would disturb anyone with my beeper.
1) Jump Rope 8 rounds 10 second rest / 20 second work
2) Squat w/Alternating Glute Lift 4 minute countdown
3) Jump Rope 8 rounds 10 second rest/ 20 second work
4) “T” Raise Push-up 4 minute countdown
(I did these elevated with my feet on the wall)
5) Jump Rope 8 rounds 10 second rest/ 20 second work
6) Sumo Squat Step Together 4 minute countdown
7) Jump Rope 8 round 10 second rest/ 20 second work
8) Right Side Knee Crunch 2 minute countdown
9) Left Side Knee Crunch 2 minute countdown
10) Jump Rope 8 round 10 second rest/ 20 second work
11) Sumo Squat w/Knee Lift 4 minute countdown
(I didn’t have my sandbag for these)
12) Jump Rope 8 rounds 10 second rest/ 20 second work
(This second part is a 44 minute workout.)